Thursday, February 28, 2008

Skiing



I grew up skiing in the "mountains" of Central New York. Alright, I guess mountain is a bit of an stretch. But within a few hours drive is Whiteface in Lake Placid, NY - Two winter Olympics have been held there. So, while I'm no champion, I can hold my own.

One of the big ski mountains nearby opened a new chair lift this year which gives skiers access to some back country trails. Very exciting if you are a good skier. I'm talking double and triple black diamonds. (Okay, I admit, I didn't know those existed.)

This was the spread for our Northwest Weekend cover story. A freelancer shot theses pictures and I did the edit. Sorta fun. Although, just by looking at the pictures it seems that growing up skiing on ice is drastically different than skiing on the snow in the Northwest. It looks so fluffy.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home