Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Mountain



Even though I've lived in Seattle for almost 2 years now, it still impresses me when I see Mt. Rainier. We call it the mountain in Seattle ---and it really does deserve that name. It is truly amazing. I drive certain roads all the time and you'd never know that lurking behind the cloudy horizon is a huge volcano about 50 miles away. And when it's clear out, it's like BAM there it is and you wonder how it's possible that it is hidden the majority of the time.

Anyways, last weekend I was flying to Dallas and got stuck with a window seat. But I was pleasantly surprised to see the mountain so up-close and clear. The pilot must have been impressed too, because we practically did a circle around it. Luckily, I was able to take a few pictures.

1 Comments:

Blogger John Mikes said...

That image would be much better if you'd clone out the window frame. :)

4/22/2008 7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home