Wednesday, June 27, 2007

parading the day



So, I went to the gay pride parade in downtown Seattle on Sunday. I have to admit, I've never been a big fan of parades. I blame that on my only blog reader---my mom. Sorry, it's true. Anyways, I discovered a lot about my shooting on Sunday. I think that is mostly true because I wasn't shooting for any purpose other than to have fun. I had no agenda. Just wanted to make pictures.

I realized that I liked watching the scene unfold. I noticed I spent too much time focusing on one particular scene and not really investigating other things. I came back and looked at my take and realized all the things I did wrong. And then I wondered--does this new insight now make me a better photographer or a better editor?

1 Comments:

Blogger m said...

someday you'll blog again... i can just feel it...

7/14/2007 9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home