Saturday, November 03, 2007

friday night lights



I think high school sports are something that large papers tend to overlook in their sports sections. There almost always seems to be big sporting events happening on any given day around the country. Professional and College. But to me, highlighting high school sports is a huge necessity in today's crazy newspaper world.

I really believe that newspapers can dominate coverage on high schools. We have the ability to cover and report them like no other news organization. I also believe that our readers really care about high school sports. I know back home, many of the high school kids specifically bought the paper specifically for the sports section and reading the high school statistics. Frankly, I did the same thing in high school.

Overall, I think we do a good job with high school sports. But I also think we can branch out of the normal mode and really take it to another level. We don't always put high school football on the cover of Sports on Saturdays. But I love it when we do. And hopefully, we can do more of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home