Sunday, December 02, 2007

seeing



Frequently, I get asked if I miss shooting. And my answer is always the same - Yes, of course I do. I miss almost everything about it.I really believe that I see differently when I have a camera in my hand. Sounds corny but it is true.

Anyways, I went to a University of Washington game at the end of October. I've never been to Husky Stadium and felt I should check it out and to see what the photographers have to deal with as far as transmitting, shadows on the field, etc. It's always a bit uncomfortable for me when I go to sporting events nowadays. Honestly, I really want to shoot-- to be on the field, with my long lens, shooting the story of the game. But I don't do that anymore. While I had a camera on me, I stayed out of the way and just shot a few things for myself. The last thing I want is for our photographers to be uncomfortable or to question my goal in being there.

It was a good experience all the same. Here are some snaps from the day.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home