Monday, March 10, 2008

fallen coach...



Joyce Walker is a big name in Seattle sports. She was one of the top high school athletes in the state. She went on to become the third female Globetrotter. She became a local high school coach. She lead her team to a state championship title, both as a player and a coach.

Unfortunately along this path, she also became addicted to drugs. She recently checked into a local rehab facility. Following that stint, she also recently attended a basketball game at the school where she used to be the coach and a player.

Tough situation. Nice pictures to work with though. Unfortunately, I was on vacation when a lot of this went down and it was suppose to run when I was on vacation. So, the pictures and the edits had already gone through 2 photo editors by the time it actually did run when I got back. So, while I was the final editor on the package, it was definitely a group effort. And I'm not so sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. It had gone through three editors at that point---and because of the confusion the photographer felt left out of all the edit discussions. I always try to include photographers in the edits that I make. So, while I was happy with how things ran, I didn't like that the photographer walked away with a bad experience. Not that I have to agree with the photographer's edits and opinions about everything---but I think it is important to respect their perspective on pictures and listen to their input. Just like I hope they respect the decisions I make regarding the edits.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home