Monday, January 22, 2007

all over



So, my blog was having technical issues or I would have posted sooner. Here is how we ran the playoff game against Chicago. A1 took a lead picture and sports had the cover plus 5 inside pages.

I think it is a fine balance when juggling the pictures for the leads of different pages. It is so important to have story-telling images that don't repeat information for each page. I think running the locker room picture on A1 and the reactions of the Bears kicker and Hasselbeck work well to complement each other. The locker room picture was not an easy sell to A1 editors. They didn't feel there was enough emotion in the picture and felt that the locker room scene was too cluttered. I think the picture really works though. And while it doesn't scream "I lost a playoff game in the final minute by a field goal" I think it is immediately clear that it is a sad time with heads hanging low. Also, the locker room scene is not something we have really shown to our readers this year. I feel this was an important time to do so, adding another perspective.

One of the most important things I am learning is that being articulate with other newsroom editors when describing photos and how they work is so very important. Not all of them are visual-so it is very important to be clear, concise and complete when communicating. Sometimes aspects of the photo I think are obvious, are not to other people.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home