Friday, June 01, 2007

my mistake



So, I usually place the cover picture before the inside pages when I write my blogs. But today is different. Our photographer shooting the college softball world series had a fantastic first game. There was a great series of pictures of the catcher diving for a bunt. The only downer was that the catcher was from the other team and not from our UW huskies. Although, she did miss the catch which works in our favor.

I am not going to debate which picture in the series was better. There were two strong picures and I feel pretty confident I chose the best one. However, I think I should have pushed harder to get this picture lead on the sports cover. Sure, it would have been difficult. The pitcher had a no-hitter---the first in the CWS in 4 years. But I think I could have pulled it off---and at the very least I should have tried harder. Because the catcher picture was worth it and frankly it was that good.

So, for that, I am sorry. The good thing about my job is that the paper comes out anyway and tomorrow is another day. You learn from your mistakes and move on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home