Sunday, December 02, 2007

solutions



I used to think it was so easy. You take the best picture and run it big on the page. That's it? Well, there are a lot more pieces to the puzzle than just choosing the best image and getting it to run big. This was a good example. It was pretty obvious that the best, story-telling picture also was very unusual. The QB from the other team being pulled in different directions for the ultimate sack.

For the most part, I think our designers do a great job of getting our pictures to run big. And this day was no exception. The problem was, getting it to run big all the other elements on the page don't fit correctly. So, each of us threw out different options. Another picture out there? A different headline? a graphic element?

I felt, and I still do, that another picture would steal some of the impact away from the main shot. I was hoping for another solution. Unfortunately, the best solution for me, isn't always the best solution for others. There didn't seem to be any other way around it. So, trusting my co-workers back in sports, we did what we had to do to see that the best picture ran big and got the most attention.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home