Sunday, May 25, 2008

cirque



Cirque du Soleil decided to set-up the big top and give performances for about 5 weeks in a park just east of Seattle. Pretty cool. Although, I've never seen it in person, I hear it's pretty amazing. The Cirque PR people sent us a bunch of press releases advancing the shows, everything from the tent raising to a dress rehearsal. But we weren't going to be able to photograph any live shows.

Back when I was working the dayside, I had been trying to come up with cool photo ideas for our staff to shoot. I thought trying to get access to their practice/warm-up tent before the show might be pretty cool.

I spent about 1.5 going back and forth with their PR people. And was able to secure a photographer to shoot the warm-ups

And luckily it turned out to be a pretty cool and the photographer was able to make some nice pictures from it.

I love it when things come together like that. It is a shame it doesn't happen more often though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home