Sunday, May 25, 2008

very northwest



A complete last minute trip, I decided to head to the San Juan Islands on my days off. One of my tennis partners is quite adventurous and came with me. I left on Friday afternoon and hopped a ferry to Friday Harbor on San Juan Island. Our plan was camp that night and kayak all day Saturday. We waited about 3 hours in the ferry line, and was able to get a ride on one of the last ferries that night. Which turned out great because we were able to witness a wonderful sunset.

I've been wanting to try and take more advantage of living in the Pacific Northwest. One of our photographers, Alan Berner, is always asking me if I've been to various places around the state. My answer is always "No." We regularly have this conversation. Now at least I can cross off one of those places.



The picture below was from our first stop at Lopez Island, which is one of the San Juan Islands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home