Monday, January 14, 2008

mitchell report



The Mitchell Report.

Not sure how it works at other big papers across the country, but for us we have picture editors that are broken down for different sections of the paper. So, we have a Metro picture editor, a Sunday/Special sections picture editor, me- the Sports picture editor and typically a Features picture editor (long story- don't ask).

Now there are times when stories that have started out in particular section get moved into another section and it becomes a gray area for us picture editors. If you have been reading my blog, the Gloria story was a good example of this.

I started off editing the Gloria piece, but I quickly lost it when it start running consistently on A1 and gaining popularity. In fact, almost all the sports stories that have gone to a different section I have had little to do with.

So you can imagine my surprise, when I go to work at 3pm and my boss informs me that the entire Mitchell report I get to handle. (the first meeting to talk about A1 is at 3:15) One of the most important aspects of working anywhere is communication. And luckily I am able to tell my boss how I feel about certain internal subjects and he will listen to what I have to say. And hopefully, we work something out that we both agree to.

So, this is how our A1 and our sports covers looked. We ran big names or surprises mug shots above Mitchell on A1. And on sports we ran a picture of Clemens with Pettitte with the mugs of the Mariner players that were named.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home