Monday, January 14, 2008

can't win them all.



This was the cover of sports the day after Christmas. I guess I am missing something. One of our writers had been working on a story about these 4 guys on the Seahawk practice squad that live together, share an old mini-van, and live almost a college/bachelor life style.

Our photographer went out and photographed them hanging out, etc.

So, the sports editor working that night was clear that she didn't think this should be the sports centerpiece. I tried fighting for the picture. I liked it. These football guys even had a Christmas tree up in the background. But it was a no-go. Which was too bad, it was a nice picture and a fun story that would have been a nice change of pace for the sports section. Instead we ran with a picture of the sonics (um, boring) and the nice picture that I had like was a mere secondary.

I guess you can't win them all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home